Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Last of the Leftovers!

I had originally planned to post 4 days of my "leftover" cards, but life got in the way.  So today I'm sharing Day 4.  If you missed the previous posts, please check here, here and here.

I had held an event and prepared a few more packets than I needed - hence the "leftovers".  I wanted to challenge myself to use the basic card ingredients but come up with an entirely different card.  So here is what I made:

Our original card:

 This card is such a beauty in real life!  It's a Lemon Lime Twist base (you'll see that in all the cards below) with a layer of Basic Black.  We added a snippet of Designer Series Paper from the Eastern Palace pack along with a little black Vintage Crochet Trim (from the Holiday Catalog).  But the stunner is that Gold Vinyl Sticker!

We stuck it on a piece of Basic Black card stock then cut it with the coordinating Eastern Medallions Thinlits dies - WOW!  The little "leaves" pop up - so pretty!  And we mounted it on a matching diecut in Lemon Lime Twist (can you see it peeking out below the sticker?).  Then we added a Gold Faceted Gem to the center. 

The other beautiful element is that embossing folder--the black layer took a trip through the Big Shot with the Ruffled Embossing Folder.  WOW and WOW!

The only thing left was the sentiment, from Beautiful You, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, and some sequins.  Gorgeous!

So what could I do to top that?  Probably nothing, but I tried:

Basically the same card, although there are a few changes.  Instead of using the embossing folder, I stamped some leaves and embossed them with Clear Embossing powder:

The sentiment is from Background Bits.  And then I cut some leaves from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits, using Cherry Cobbler, Lemon Lime Twist and Gold Foil.  There is also a smaller leaf in Crushed Curry.  And Linen Thread replaced the Black Crochet Trim.

Then it was on to the next card:

Really different.  This has two strips of the designer series paper, along with a quilt square cut from Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist, using the Quilt Builder Framelits dies.  The quilt pieces were stamped with Lemon Lime Twist and Basic Black; the stamps are from Christmas Quilt.

The sentiment is from Thankful Thoughts.  And I added a Neutrals Candy Dot in the center (retired).

Finally:

Can you see the basic pieces?  The card base is still Lemon Lime Twist, but I took the black layer and ran it through the Big Shot with the Hometown Greetings Edgelits.  I wanted to create a Halloween scene, so I added a spooky sky by sponging on Glossy White cardstock.  Sadly my bats are from a retired set.

The the ribbon (Berry Burst 1/2" Finely Woven) and my label (Labels to Love) along with the coordinating Everyday Label Punch, the Pretty Label Punch and the 2" Circle punch are all available.

So what do you think of my line up of leftovers?  Did I show you that you can use the same elements to create all kinds of cards?  I hope so...let me know which card you like best!


Product List
Big Shot
Big Shot
[113439]
$110.00






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I like them all, but I love the Halloween one done with the Hometown Greetings Edgelits!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks so much! I like that one too...spooky and fun!