Monday, September 4, 2017

Seas The Day

So Many Shells is a beautiful stamp set, featured in the Annual Catalog.  I've been playing with a few of the images, and when I saw a card on Pinterest, by Heather Cooper, I knew I had to try my hand at recreating it.  Take a look:

This starts with a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I cut a circle with one of the Layering Circles dies in a piece of Thick Whisper White, to use as a mask.  I gently anchored my Thick piece over my card front, and then using sponges, inked a beach scene.

I started with Crumb Cake ink for the beach, then sponged Soft Sky from there on up.  I made sure to leave some "whiter" areas to make it look like clouds.  Then I took the "water" stamp from High Tide and stamped it (leaving the mask in place) using Marina Mist ink.

I removed the mask and had a lovely "beach circle".

Next I stamped the birds, also from High Tide, using Early Espresso ink.

The card base is Soft Sky, and there's a layer of Crumb Cake between the bottom and the top card front.

And then those shells!  They are two-step stamps; the sand dollar was stamped in Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake; the shell in Powder Pink and Blushing Bride, and the long shell (is that a conch shell?) was Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip.  Each shell was fussy-cut with my Paper Snips, then adhered with Dimensionals.

Don't you love that sentiment?  Seas the Day?  💗

Beautiful! 


Product List

2 comments:

SunshineLady said...

Beautful. I don't have the High Tides set but wish I could make the "water" like on this card. Thanks for the instructions about the mask and sponging. Your cards are the BEST!!! ceresa

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Ceresa! Maybe I have enabled you to get High Tide--I love the water stamp and (of course) the lighthouse. Such a pretty set.
Glad you like the instructions; you know how to reach me if you have any questions!