Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stampin' Leftovers

Sometimes I prepare for a class and no one comes.  Well, not actually NO one, but attendance is less than I expected.
Such was the case the other night.  So although we had a wonderful time, I was left with card packets and no one to stamp them.  Of course, I could put all the supplies away, like I usually do, but I had the time to think about what I could make, and decided to try.

So for the next few days I'm going to show you my creativity in action.  I challenged myself to use the basic card pack supplies and turn them into something else.  I must warn you...the cards got better as I went along, so please come back and see what else I've done.

Here was the first card we made:
As I didn't know the experience level of my group, I started with an easy card, directly CASED from a Mary Fish card.  It's lovely, with lots of white space, and the cute die cut shapes let my attendees use the Big Shot to get used to everything.  

This is a Dapper Denim card base, a layer of Whisper White, a smaller layer of Crumb Cake, and then four Stitched Shapes squares.  Remember this, because you'll see these supplies again in a minute.

So there is Card #1, using the dies from the Wood Crate Framelits and the stamp from Wood Words.  Everyone loved it and they came out great. 

So back in my craft room, with a few packets of Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake and Whisper White, I decided to use the supplies this way:

Same card, but I turned it into a birthday card with just a few changes.  The Candle Border punch is now retired 😞 but still has a home amongst my goodies.  The star die was the same as above, and I stamped and punched a balloon from Happy Birthday Gorgeous.  The only other change is the tag--with a sentiment from Beautiful You.

Then it was on to something else.  Christmas Quilt and the Quilt Builder Framelits dies were sitting on my desk.  These are from the new Holiday Catalog...so naturally I decided to try my hand at putting something together:

Can you see the original supplies?  Same card base, same layers of Whisper White and Crumb Cake, and same Stitched Shapes squares...but the squares are positioned in the corners.  And I ran the whole Crumb Cake/White squares piece through the Big Shot with the new Quilt Top embossing Folder.  Such texture!

Then I simply made a "quilt" square using Crumb Cake and Dapper Denim cardstock, along with some retired Crumb Cake designer series paper.  The Quilt Builder Framelits dies make it easy!

Warm Wishes is from last year's Tin of Tags set, but there are a few "warm" greetings in the new catalog (I just hadn't purchased them yet).  

And I had such fun using the quilt supplies, that my last card is similar:

But still different!  Same colors, card base and Crumb Cake layer, but I left off the white squares.  This time I created a Dapper Denim quilt using two Dapper Denim papers (Eastern Palace and retired In Color Paper Stack) and the retired Crumb Cake one.  I also ran some stitching lines around it all, using an old White Gel Pen and a ruler.  Then gave it a trip in my Big Shot with the Quilt Top embossing folder.

But the added pieces are the darling sentiment and the little spool of thread.  That spool and the needle are dies from the Quilt Builder Framelits!  Squeal!  So adorable!


So there you have the first of four leftover packets and what I was able to create.  I'll have more, using the card packets of the other 3 cards we made, all week long so please come back.  And if you care to leave a comment on which of the four you like best, I'd love to hear from you!

Product List





No comments: