Monday, March 3, 2014

Pleasant Poppies Card

Welcome back to my series of cards from the birthday gift I created for a colleague (see the past few posts).

Today's card uses the beautiful background stamp, Pleasant Poppies.
But you'll notice that it also has another background stamp--En Francais!  (Love this!)  And I stamped both on a piece of Designer Series Paper from the Retro Fresh collection...I was so happy with the results!

My base card is a standard 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Coastal Cabana Card stock, scored at 5-1/2". 

Using a piece of the small coastal cabana print from the Retro Fresh DSP, I carefully stamped En Francais in Coastal Cabana.  I actually gasped when I saw the results--just gorgeous!

I then stamped my Pleasant Poppies using Baked Brown Sugar--I wanted the lines, but wanted them subtle, and BBS was the perfect choice! 

The flowers were colored using Blender Pens and Stampin' Write Markers in Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Strawberry Slush, Melon Mambo and Old Olive

A sentiment from Four You was stamped on Very Vanilla using Coastal Cabana ink.
A strip of Crisp Cantaloupe, punched with my Scallop Trim Border punch was added and adhered to the card front.

After stamping Pleasant Poppies in Coastal Cabana on the envelope (and of course, finishing the inside of my card with a piece of Very Vanilla and a Scallop Trim border) I was done.

Please visit again tomorrow for the next card from my gift.

And let's get creating.

No comments: