Sunday, March 2, 2014

Vivid Birthday Card

Are you a collector of Designer Series Paper?  I am!  I find that I own nearly all that are available...but I don't always use them. (insert "frowny face")

So for a birthday gift that I made for a colleague (see yesterday's post), I challenged myself to use one color scheme and Designer Series Paper for a box of cards.  I also wanted to use stamp sets that haven't seen too much light of day! (*grin*)

I'll be highlighting each card over the next few days, and here is the first:
Choosing the Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper gave me a color scheme for my "Box of Cards"--Coastal Cabana will be the card base for each.

I stamped the image from Vivid Vases on Whisper White card stock with Black Staz On ink, and then carefully outlined each vase (one at a time using a black Stampin' Write marker) and stamped it on different snippets of the Retro Fresh papers.  These were carefully snipped (LOVE my Paper Snips) and "paper pieced" on the stamped image, giving color and texture to each vase.

 The flowers were colored using Blender Pens and ink pads (Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana, Wild Wasabi and So Saffron).  This layer was mounted to a layer of Tangerine Tango.

My base was Coastal Cabana, cut to 5-1/2" x 8-12" and scored at 4-1/4".  A slightly smaller (4" x 5-1/4") piece of Whisper White was run through the Big Shot with the Stripes Embossing Folder and adhered to the card base using SNAIL adhesive.  

And since I happened to have a few rolls of the Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape sitting on my desk, I thought I'd add a few strips of those too:
 Then I popped up my stamped panel with Dimensionals.  Two more strips of Washi tape were added to my envelope, and I was done with my first card!  So fun!

Come back tomorrow for another sample from my gift box.

And let's get creating!





No comments: