Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Birthday Gift

I have a colleague who recently had a birthday, and I needed a small gift.  So I sat down at my craft table (over 3 nights) and created a box of cards for her.  Just in case she had  "card emergency" (ever have one of those?  When someone has a birthday and you forgot all about it?)

This was the gift:
Using two sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" Coastal Cabana card stock, I crafted a box.  Cut one piece for the bottom at 7-7/8" x 6-1/2" and score at 1" on all four sides.  Cut the other piece for the top at 8" x 6-5/8" and score at 1" on all four sides.  Snip one line of each corner and fold into a box, using Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Sticky Strip to hold it together.  

I covered my box using Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper.  The belly band is embossed with the Sophisticated Stripes embossing folder and the Big Shot, and the rosette was cut from the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die (gotta love that die!  Makes rosettes from 1-12" wide and with two different types of edges!).  Of course, you can't make rosettes without the trusty glue gun and our wonderful Silicone Craft Sheet
I finished it all off with a quick banner (Happy Birthday from "Bring on the Cake", stamped in Tangerine Tango) and an In Color Boutique Details button. 

And the best part?  It fits 5 cards/envelopes:
I'll be detailing each card over the next few days, so c'mon back for more!

Let's get creating!




1 comment:

Karen (karey2005) said...

I'm going to create a box of cards! What a cool thing. :)