Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Fortunate Mistake!

My third sample from my Box of Cards (see Saturday's post here) started out with a goof that turned into a happy mistake:

I was really happy with the way this one turned out.  Again, my card base is Coastal Cabana (the "theme" for my box of cards), 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4".
Using the pretty gingham-like piece of Designer Series from the Retro Fresh paper collections, I trimmed the edge with my Big Shot and the Finishing Touches Edgelits.  But I did it upside down and missed the pretty design!  (yes, I'm woman-enough to admit my mistakes!)  Of course, every mistake is an opportunity, and I adore how this one evolved...I took a piece of Very Vanilla trimmed with Finishing Touches the RIGHT way (!) and added it just below--a lucky error as it turns out, as this is just perfect!

Now for the focal point (although if it were up to me, I'd be focusing on that edge--can't get enough of how cute it is!!!  But I digress)...

Happy Watercolor was stamped with Old Olive to a panel of Very Vanilla.  I stamped the flower in Strawberry Slush, and again (twice) with Melon Mambo on scraps of Very Vanilla.  The Strawberry Slush one was snipped (Paper Snips!) and adhered to the front panel, and the the two Melon Mambo ones were snipped and layered with Dimensionals.  Butterflies were cut/embossed using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits and the Big Shot from Coastal Cabana card stock.  My panel (with opposite corners rounded) was adhered to a piece of Strawberry Slush and then onto my card front.

The sentiment was stamped in Coastal Cabana on Very Vanilla and cut using the Apothecary Accents framelits and the Big Shot, layered on Coastal Cabana.  I added a butterfly to the front of the envelope and the inside of the card.

Another sample will be featured tomorrow...hope you'll come back and see it!

Let's get creating!

No comments: