Saturday, March 8, 2014

Shakin' that Birthday!

Sometimes adults need some fun for their birthdays!  (Like when you start feeling your age?  Just ask me how I know this...insert frowny face!)

Anyway, I wanted to send a little fun to my brother-in-law for his birthday, and here's what he's getting in the mail:
This shaker card should create a little laugh.
Using a clear envelope, cut to the size of the "polaroid print" in the On Film Framelits, I added some punched stars (using the star punch from the Merry Mini's set--still available!).  These were punched from Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Pistachio Pudding and Smoky Slate card stock--nice manly colors, yes?  The edges of my envelope were sealed with thin strips of Sticky Strip, and the envelope was adhered to the framelit.
I used some of my favorite Washi Tape (Retro Fresh This and That) to help hold the frame in place.
The card base is Smoky Slate, cut to 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".  To this I added a layer of Coastal Cabana, and then a layer of the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper. 
My sentiment, from Sweet Essentials, was stamped in Smoky Slate on Whisper White, and a little arrow was cut from the Bermuda Bay DSP (also from the Kaleidoscope collection) and popped up on Dimensionals

There's even a "celebration" inside:

"Celebrate" is from the Best of Birthdays collection (available until 3/31!) and the Washi Tape is from the This and That Epic Day set.

Wouldn't you like to have a little fun creating one of these shaker cards for a friend?  All supplies used can be ordered in my on-line store, here.
Let's get creating!






No comments: