Monday, March 31, 2014

A Purple Birthday

I think I have mentioned that March is a crazy month for birthdays in my family!  Six family members were born in March, so I spend a lot of time making birthday cards this month.  Here's another:
My granddaughter LOVES purple!  So I just had to make a purple card for her special day.  This one uses the starburst technique.  I started with an Elegant Eggplant card base, cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", and scored at 4-1/4".  To this I adhered a smaller layer of Wisteria Wonder

I cut 4 rectangles, 2 Wisteria Wonder and 2 of the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in Silver; these were cut in half on the diagonal, and then the Wisteria Wonder pieces were run through my Big Shot with different embossing folders (Chevron, Sophisticated Stripes, Fancy Fan and Decorative Dots--a FREE Sale-A-Bration folder available only through Monday!), and they were all adhered to a piece of scrap paper in a fan design. 
A beautiful piece of Silver Foil cardstock was attached to the bottom, and a strip of (vintage) Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon was tied in a knot around the card.
There's a little silver thread, pulled from the Silver Bakers Twine twisted through the ribbon--gives it a little sparkle.

Oh Happy Day, from Starburst Sayings, was embossed with Silver Embossing Powder on Whisper White cardstock; I sponged Elegant Eggplant ink over it all and then cut it out with the Starburst Framelits.  This was adhered to a circle in Eggplant and popped up on front.

What a happy card!

All items used can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!

No comments: