Saturday, March 15, 2014

Young At Heart

I have an uncle who has just celebrated his 85th birthday.  I spent many years inviting him to various family celebrations, as he only had us for relatives.  When he moved across the country a few years ago, we realized that we were missing someone in our lives.  So not to be forgotten on his BIG birthday, I sent this card:

Taking a cue from the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (which has one with party hats all over it) I made a special hat just for him.  Using the Perfect Pennants Bigz XL die and my Big Shot, I cut a piece of Island Indigo card stock into a triangle.  This was embossed using the Sophisticated Stripes embossing folder (now retired, :( ). 
 I added a punched scalloped circle, using the 7/8" Scallop Circle punch, embossed with Perfect Polka Dots, and then added a little explosion of happiness--silver threads swiped from the Silver Bakers Twine!  How cute is that! (Easy to do--just unravel the thread by cutting a length, holding an end in each hand, and pulling the silver from one side and the bakers twine from the other.)

My card base is Island Indigo with a layer of the beautiful Silver Foil on top.  This was to highlight the "85" on the hat, cut using one of my favorite dies--Typeset Alphabet Bigz and more Silver Foil--and then came a layer of the Birthday Basics DSP.


"Celebrate" came from Best of Birthdays--available only until the end of this month!, stamped in Island Indigo and cut out using the Word Bubbles Framelits--can you say "adorbs!"?



All current items used for this card can be purchased in my online store, here.

Let's get creating!

No comments: