Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Guy Card

If you've been following me for the past few days, you'll know that I am show-casing a series of cards I made for a colleague.  (If you missed it, start here).

Day 4, and time for a card that can be used for a guy's birthday:
A simple, serene card, using the Wetlands stamp set (that had not yet seen the light of day--or my craft lamp!)  And again, using Coastal Cabana as my theme color...

A Whisper White card base is cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4'1/4".  A layer of Coastal Cabana, run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder is added next.

For the main image I took a piece of Whisper White, on which I laid a mask--another piece of card stock with a rectangle cut in the middle.  I sponged Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana and So Saffron through the rectangle mask, leaving a white edge all around.  Then the birds image and the sentiment from Wetlands was stamped with black Stay On ink.  This was added to layer of Basic Black, cut only 1/8" larger than the white.

A simple, elegant birthday card (with a little special touch of the birds image stamped on the envelope):




Let's get creating!

No comments: