Sunday, March 30, 2014

Better Get Better

Ever need a Get Well Card?  I did...
I wanted something cheery, without being too cutesy.  So pulling out my beautiful Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper helped me choose a color palette that was just what I was looking for. 
A Crisp Cantaloupe card base was cut 5-1/4" x 8-1/2"  and scored on the long side at 4-1/4".  I then layered on a piece of Island Indigo which took a quick trip through the Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.  The Watercolor Wonder DSP came next, but was cut about an inch narrower than the Island Indigo, leaving a border on the left.  Before gluing this layer, I inserted a few Banner Blast images, punched with the Banner Punch (these are FREE through Monday, when Sale-A-Bration ends). 
And to highlight it all, I ran a strip of Island Indigo through the Big Shot with the Finishing Touches Edgelits.

The sentiment from Perfect Pennants was stamped in Island Indigo Ink on Cardstock Vellum and cut using the Banner Framelits dies; a second, larger one was also cut from Vellum and embossed with Perfect Polka Dots.  Some Island Indigo Bakers Twine was wrapped three times and tied in a bow,and this was all added to the card front.
I  jazzed up the envelope by adding matching DSP.

Wouldn't this brighten your day?

All items used can be purchased here.

Let's get creating!




No comments: