Saturday, March 22, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

Yet another March birthday in the family, so yet another birthday card needed!  My what a busy month...

I finally broke down and bought the Starburst Sayings set, after having seen so many cute cards made with it.  This stamp seemed to shout "FUN", and looked to be the perfect sentiment for a wonderful niece.





I embossed the stamp with black embossing powder, after stamping it in Versamark ink on Whisper White card stock.  I then sponged Pool Party ink all over it, going off the edges.  The image was then cut, using the Starburst framelits, and layered on a circle of black cardstock, cut with my circle framelits

And speaking of "bursts", I used the beautiful FREE Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (get some of your own for FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration!) to make this fun sunburst background.  I cut four rectangles of the DSP, cut each of them in half on the diagonal, and then layered them on a scrap piece of paper.  This was then layered on Basic Black cardstock, and I wrapped some Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon around it, tying a little bow.


The whole layer was adhered to a Pool Party base.

And not forgetting the inside:
Some Pool Party dots were stamped across the bottom using Border Banter, and the birthday sentiment from Bring on the Cake was added, using Staz On Ink.  The a coordinating piece of DSP was adhered to my envelope, tying it all together.

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Let's get creating!

No comments: