Thursday, March 6, 2014

Finale (of card samples!)

Today is the last sample of my Box of Cards (see here ), and I hope you've enjoyed my creations and are inspired to make your own.

This card is actually CASED (although with changes) from one I found on Stampin' Connection, a website for exclusive use by Stampin' Up Demonstrators.  Wanna see it?  I'd love to have you join my team of Stampin' Amigos!  Click here for the link to join, and you'll soon be inspired by thousands of demonstrators from around the world, coming together in one place--Stampin' Connection

Now on to today's card:
I strayed from my theme using the Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper, and used a color theme from the Afternoon Picnic DSP instead (still on a Coastal Cabana card base). 

I stamped my image from See Ya Later (get it FREE during Sale-a-Bration!) in black Staz On, then sponged over it in Wisteria Wonder, Coastal Cabana and So Saffron inks.  Using the On Film framlits and the Big Shot (you really need one of these!) I cut the filmstrip (2) from Whisper White card stock.  One frames the image and another frames a piece of the DSP. 

The bottom of this card has a few things going on: The edge of the base card was run through the Big Shot using an oldie-but-goodie edge trim so the white of the inside can peek through.  I used a layer of DSP from the Afternoon Picnic collection and punched the bottom with a retired punch for a sweet, heart-filled edge.  The DSP was layered on Whisper White to highlight the heart-bordered edge and a piece of Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim was added using Sticky Strip

Because I'm such a DSP collector, I decided this card needed it's own envelope, and using the Envelope Punch Board (see this link) I made one with the Afternoon Picnic DSP.





And that completes my tour through my Box of Cards.  I hope I've inspired you to have some fun and create one of your own.  Such a special gift for a friend...

Let's get creating!




No comments: