Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Pocket Card

I need a card for my Cards-by-Mail class and was playing with a few ideas, when inspiration hit.  I decided to try a Pocket Card.  

Although I ended up NOT using it for my class (it was very involved) it IS a lovely card, and I'll share with you today:


 I wanted to use the gorgeous Texture Chic designer paper (which one?  Such a dilemma, as they are all beautiful!), and decided on one with Soft Succulent accents along with gold.

I started with a pocket - I cut Soft Succulent to 5-1/4" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 1/2" and 4".  I just folded in the middle and overlapped the 1/2" edge, sealing it closed with Tear and Tape adhesive.  There is also Tear and Tape along the bottom edge, to close off the bottom.


Using the Split Card Texture dies I ran a piece of Soft Succulent through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine to create the half-grid for the front.  After adding a piece of the Texture Chic paper to the front of my pocket, I added a thin strip of Distressed Gold paper along the edge, then mounted the Split Card topper.



The flower is cut with the Poppy Moments dies using Petal Pink and Distressed Gold; the leaves are from Around the Bend dies (which emboss the leaves as they cut them!).

And that greeting?  Charming Sentiments to the rescue - heat-embossed in Gold and cut with the Sentiment Silhouette dies.

Now, where do you write your message?


Just pull the notecard from the pocket, write away, and it all fits in a standard-sized envelope.  

Just another way to send a card - in a pocket!

Today is the last day of Sale-a-Bration!  Did you get everything on your Wish List?  Place your last $50 order, and pick up one more FREE item, but do it before 11 p.m. Pacific Time!  



Product List

No comments: