Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Pretty Pillbox Treats

Did you hear?  The fabulous Dainty Flowers Designer Series Paper, available FREE during Sale-a-bration is now sold out!  I hope you didn't miss out on getting this beautiful paper...

I had planned to use it for a class this week, but I heard (at the last minute!) that it was gone and no longer available, so quick pivot!  I came up with another card, but then I hated to not use the Dainty Flowers paper.  So...


I made treats!  (And I'm so sorry about the color - it's actually much more pink - Fresh Freesia - than this photo shows, but it's so pretty).

Using the Pretty Pillowbox dies, I created treat packaging for the guests at my Card Club.  The Pillowboxes are very easy and quick to create - one pass through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine and you're just about done!  Fold on the score lines, pinch the sides, curve the front flap (with a bone folder, much the same way you curl curling ribbon), and you're done...well, except for filling it and decorating it.


I went super-easy on the decorations, since I had a bunch to make.  I used the Fine Shimmer paper to cut the little flower included in the die set - one in Fresh Freesia and another, larger flower in the Mint Macaron paper.  Then I cut the larger flower into thirds (two petals each) and used it for leaves.  Clever?  I thought so!  😉

I use tiny magnets to keep my pillowboxes closed.  They can also be closed with ribbon wrapped around the box or with little holes to tie it shut through the flap (there's a die for this!).  

But opened:


They are the perfect size to hold one Ghirardelli square - so cute!

And here they are, all lined up:


These were a hit in class!  If you need little treat packaging, I highly recommend these little pillowboxes.  

Get them here


Product List

No comments: