Monday, October 24, 2022

The Merriest Monday

It's another Merry Monday and I'm not showing any candy canes today (what?  After last week, I'm afraid I may have worn out the candy cane welcome...but they'll be back).  

Instead I've got a card showcasing a new-to-me stamp set and dies.  

Now how often do you look at the catalogs and decide you don't need something, only to look at it again in a different light and decide that you do?  Does that ever happen?  Well, it did to me.  I saw the Merriest Moments stamps and Merriest Frames set, thinking it was new (in the July - December 2022 mini catalog) but after getting it, found it had been in last year's mini.  Huh?  I totally missed it last year.  

But I'm really glad I "discovered" it this year.  Look:


Oh. My. Goodness.  Is that ever gorgeous?

So first of all, you need to know that that Basic White framed-with-foliage piece is a die AND an embossing folder.  Yes, the Merriest Frames dies coordinates with the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder (they are actually packaged together).  

I'm not positive I did this right, but here are the steps I took:

1.  I inserted the outline die INTO the embossing folder (yes, you can do that!) and cut the initial framed piece.  It came out with the embossed leaves and framed area.

2.  Then I used the detailed large die directly on the piece I just cut out and got the detailed leaves (that were already embossed).  WOW!  L.O.V.E.


Now it was time to decorate that gorgeous frame.  I stamped the flowers, leaves, branches and berries and cut everything out with the coordinating dies.  And then I had fun putting them all together.

But wait!  There's more:


I ran the Real Red layer through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with the same embossing folder (no die inserted); this gave me the extra "dots" (stars?) embossed on the red paper, and also gave me the placement spot for the white frame.  


So how I missed this last year, I have no idea, but I'm sure glad I found it THIS year!  I'm going to have fun playing with this group of products (which, by the way, can also be used for other special days, not just for holidays).  Watch for more...I know I'll be visiting this set often!


Product List

No comments: