Sunday, October 16, 2022

A "Vintage" Anniversary

 Do you keep old stamps sets and dies because you "might" need them one day?  Usually, as new products take up residency in my craft room, I try to purge the old ones.  But I DO have a tendency to hang on to my favorites.  And sometimes I just keep things around because they "may" be needed.

And thus a card is born:


It was my son and daughter-in-law's 14th wedding anniversary (aren't they still just 12 years old???) and I wanted something bright and cheery.  So I pulled out all the stops...well I pulled out a LOT of my old dies.  I think I found every die set that has a stamp in it to put this card together.  


But how fun is that?  

I started with a sheet of Basic Black cardstock, laying all the hearts on top until I liked the arrangement.  Then I ran it through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, leaving "holes" where the dies had been.

Then I used the same heart dies to cut the shapes in different colors - Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Parakeet Party, Mango Melody and Gorgeous Grape (did I miss any?).  


Next I ran the black cardstock (complete with holes) through the machine with a retired embossing folder to get a little texture.  It was adhered to a layer of Parakeet Party, and then I inserted each of the corresponding hearts into the cut-out holes.  Such fun!

"Happy" was cut from a retired "happy birthday" die, and I snipped off the birthday part.  And the stamped greeting is from an old set, Well Written.  

Inside:


I DID pull out a current stamp set, Potted Geraniums, for the inside, embellishing with a few left-over hearts.


So tell me...what do you do with your oldies-but-goodies?  


No comments: