Saturday, October 8, 2022

Shining Brighter

I finally did it!  I got to the Oregon coast!  

That may not sound so exciting, but after living here for 3-1/2 years and never getting to see the ocean, this was a giant feat for me!  

When we first moved from California, we spent months getting to know our neighborhood, town and surroundings, like, where is our dentist?  How far is the hospital?  (gruesome I know, but after a health scare and 3 ambulance rides 5 years ago, this is important to me 😐).  Where do we grocery shop?  All the details...

And just when we felt settled and ready to spread our wings, in popped a little inconvenience - COVID!

So travel stopped.  And we stayed home.  And then we got used to it.  

But after some fun travels this summer, we decided IT. WAS. TIME!!!

We just got home from a very pleasant few days in Seaside and Cannon Beach.  Lovely spot (try to visit if you can); the promenade in Seaside is miles long, and follows the shoreline.  We walked and walked!  The seafood is great (think clam chowder, fish & chips, shrimp, and of course salmon!).  And how exciting for me to walk the beach at low tide and find sea urchins (sand dollars)!  We found a number of "live" ones (still purple), but also picked up 3 white ones (after the creature leaves the shell).  I loved it!  And the shops in Cannon Beach are artsy and eclectic - a fun afternoon of meandering!

Anyway, I guess I should show you a card.  But the above story frames the card, as I was thinking "beach":


Today is a friend's 70th birthday, and we are celebrating tomorrow.  So this card just came together after thinking about the wonderful time we had at the beach.


I chose Lighthouse Point and the Lighthouse dies to create a beach scene.  I used a stencil cut with the Basic Borders dies to create the clouds (you can see how I did them in this video), and the water was made with Pacific Point cardstock and a retired embossing folder; I then tore the top of the paper to make it look like waves.


The lighthouse was cut with dies, and I used the now-retired Playful Alphabet dies to add the "70" to the "light".   



This was a fun card to create, and it helped me reminisce about the past few days at the beach!

What trip have you put off, and are finally getting around to making?  I want to know!


Product List

No comments: