Wednesday, October 19, 2022

A Special Season

 Welcome back to Day 3 of my Week of Merry Mondays using Sweet Candy Canes stamps and the Candy Canes dies.  In case you haven't guessed, this is one of my favorite new stamp sets, and it's helping me get into the Christmas card-making season!  

How about a cool and calm card?  Take a look:


Sophisticated and pretty, right?  L.O.V.E.

I started with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White cardstock and used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut a frame in the center.  Then the piece (minus the center) was embossed with the Fern embossing folder.   This is truly a beautiful folder, with deep embossing in a fern pattern.  


On to the Shaded Spruce center - I now took a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Shaded Spruce and used a smaller Stitched Rectangle die to cut out the center.  Then I adhered it to the white embossed piece (on the back), centering the opening.

Then for the slightly tricky part - laying the frame on the Thick Basic White card base (but not gluing it together yet) I stamped the greeting inside the frame.  Once done, the frame was popped up with Dimensionals.


A Shaded Spruce candy cane tied up with bakers twine and a Flat Jingle Bell Trinket completed this card.  


So elegant!  

Are you liking what you see?  I've still got more samples so c'mon back tomorrow!


Product List

2 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

What a special card for a special friend.

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much, Wendie! All the women at my Card Club class loved it too. And I'm already looking forward to sending it out this holiday season.