Thursday, October 20, 2022

Sweet Candy Canes?

 That's a question, because you won't see candy canes on this card.   Welcome to my Day 4 of Merry Mondays featuring the Sweet Candy Canes stamps and Candy Canes dies.  I'm highlighting this bundle all week to show you the versatility of this cute set. 

But today, no candy canes.  I did, however, use one of the greetings from the stamp set, along with several patterns of the designer paper, Sweetest Christmas:


And I think it's one of my favs this week!


Look at that cute ornament - it's actually a 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" piece of Window sheet, to which I adhered strips of the designer paper cut in random widths.  Once done, I cut it with the largest Layering Circle die.  


But I needed an ornament "topper", and I found that one of the little flower pots from the Perfect Plants dies fit the bill perfectly!  It's cut from Gold Foil sheets, and is mounted on a Dimensional with a short piece of gold cord from the Simply Elegant Trim pack.  

This is all adhered to a piece of Basic White cardstock embossed with the Merry Melody embossing folder.


Isn't this just the most wonderful card of the week?  😁

I'd love to be your Stampin' UP! demonstrator.  If you'd like to order any of the products shown, please head to this site to place your order.  And thank you!


Product List

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow such a creative and great way to use up those small scraps. Might try this out, and I have the Perfect Plants dies so I can make the topper. Loved that idea. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Penny! Don't we all have loads of little strips of pretty DSP? I always keep mine and then, when the paper retires, end up throwing them away. Now I can use them for a card like this or for the "scrappy strip" method, and I love the "no waste" ideas! Thanks for the nice comment, and have fun using your scraps!

karen said...

What a delightful card! I love that you created such a great card with scraps and using what you have in your stash to design the ornament topper! Brilliant! It is not only clever, but very cute!

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Karen! I must admit, this is one of my favorite Christmas cards this year! And I still have tons of little scrap pieces of DSP, so I may be making a few more.