Thursday, October 27, 2022

Is that a REAL Leaf?

I recently saw a post on Debbie Henderson's blog about running some Watercolor paper through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with a real leaf.  So as I was walking around my neighborhood this morning, I happened to notice a maple tree that has just turned a beautiful shade of red.  And I pulled two leaves off the tree.

Once I got them home, I let them dry naturally (not pressing between paper towels), and then I took them to my craft room.  Look:


 Yes, this is a REAL leaf pressed onto the Watercolor paper, leaving an imprint.  You can see the leaf there on the table under the card.


Just look at the detail!

As Debbie did, I decided to turn this into a very simple card.  And I happened to need a sympathy card, so I thought this would be perfect.


I stamped a greeting from Soft Seedlings using Cherry Cobbler ink.  Then I wrapped some Linen Thread around the layer, tying in a small bow.  

This piece was mounted to a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock using the Foam Adhesive Sheets.  I used nearly a full sheet, cut to just a bit smaller than the main panel - this keeps the Watercolor paper from buckling.



The it's adhered to a Crumb Cake card base.  Simple.  Effective.  Beautiful!

And I had one more leaf:


This was a larger leaf, with more yellow/orange in it.  But I pressed it on the Watercolor paper, and look at the detail:


So gorgeous!  And it looks like there is Wink of Stella on it, but nope - just the way the paper took the moisture/color from the leaf.  


This leaf had a bit more color, so I used a double matte of Cherry cobbler and Mango Melody, with an Early Espresso card base.  

A simple greeting and a knot of Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim finished off the card.


I know what I'll be looking for as I walk my neighborhood!  Can't wait to make some more leaf cards!


Product List

No comments: