Thursday, February 3, 2022

A Little Stamp Surgery

 Have you seen Driving By, the FREE Sale-a-Bration stamp set that can be yours with a $50 product purchase?  


As a nearly life-long fan (since I was 21) of Volkswagons, this set made me smile.  I love stamping the van and paper-piecing it with some of the patterned papers we have available.  (See sample here)  So when I was making a birthday card, I wanted to include the van...but...that pile of presents on the Bug was too perfect.  So...

Stamp Surgery:  😲

From this - 


to this -


Don't worry!  My label was slightly "off", so the top of the Bug is still on the stamp, but I separated the gifts from the car.  

And then I was able to make this:


Perfect, right?

I stamped the van on my card front, then stamped it again on the Pattern Party designer paper.  This was fussy-cut and adhered over the stamped image, creating a "hippie" van!  😁  And then I stamped the gifts at the top of the van, coloring them with Stampin' Blends.  


A coordinating piece of the patterned paper was added at an angle, and I stamped the little flowers (Sweet as a Peach) and the greeting (from Dressed to Impress) in Blushing Bride ink.


Although I've never before cut apart my stamps, I really think cutting up this one is a winner!  It gives even more versatility to the cute set.  And since it's a free stamp set, I've already gotten a second set to keep the bug and the gifts intact.  

Don't be afraid to alter your stamps; make them do what YOU want them to do!  And have fun!


Product List

No comments: