Tuesday, February 22, 2022

A Tropical Slim-Line Card

 Slim-Line card - that's something I have not written about yet, even though they are all the rage.  So today I'm jumping on that bandwagon with a slim-line card I made for my sister.


First of all, confession time - I bought this gorgeous Artfully Composed patterned paper along with the fabulous Tropical Layers dies...and totally neglected to order the coordinating Artfully Layered stamps.  Duh!  They even come as part of a bundle (saving me 10%), and somehow I missed it!  Head slap!

So this card used some new and some retired products - I now have the stamps, so I will create again and use the RIGHT stamps!

But in the meantime:


Slim-line cards are longer and narrower cards.  I started with a piece of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (Thick Basic White) and cut it to 7" x 8-1/2".  Then it was scored at 3-1/2", so the finished card is 3-1/2" x 8-1/2".  That gave me lots of room to add the pretty paper.


I love the leaf dies!  The black open-leaf design and the large palm leaf (cut here in Just Jade) remind me of the tropics.  


I used my retired Timeless Tropical stamps and matching dies for the palm trees and pineapples, along with the cute "aloha" greeting.  There are larger palm trees in another set of dies (Palms dies) which I also have, but they didn't really fit on this long, narrow card.  So retired it is!  


One of the really cool things about the Artfully Composed paper is that many of the patterns match the dies, and can be cut directly from the paper without stamping.  I'm going to give that a try next!  

Check out the Artfully Composed bundle (and don't forget the stamps! 😉).   I know you'll love it as much as I do!  



Product List

No comments: