Saturday, February 12, 2022

#Simple Stamping

 Have you heard of "Simple Stamping"?  That's where a beautiful card is made with minimal supplies.  Let me show you a "simple stamping" card using the Oceanfront and On the Horizon stamps:


Yup - nothing but stamps, ink and paper!  Isn't that awesome? 


I had an unusual size of Basic White cardstock on my desk, so I thought I would experiment.  I stamped the middle "grass" using Mossy Meadow ink, then added the "sky" with Balmy Blue.  Needing to fill more space, I added some Old Olive "ground cover" and a Gray Granite rock.  Next came the trees, the grass and the birds.  And my mini canvas was complete!

The greeting, stamped in Mossy Meadow, is from On the Horizon.


Turning this into a card was a challenge; due to the 4" x 4-3/4" size of the panel, I couldn't really layer it, so after playing for a few minutes, I decided on a Mossy Meadow base with a strip of Old Olive.  This brings out the main colors of the stamped images.


It's hard for me to create without adding some kind of embellishment, but this little piece of art (which my husband tried to steal to sit on his dresser 😁) showed me that stamps, ink and paper can create something lovely!  Try it!


Product List

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully made.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! This is still sitting on my husband’s dresser…😊