Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Leftover Valentine

 If you saw my post yesterday, you may have noticed the little hearts in the vellum envelope that was on the front of my card.  I had to cut those out, and I needed enough for all the cards I sent out for my Cards-by-Mail in January.  That was a lot of hearts!  

Fortunately there are a few dies in the Sweet Hearts die collection that made it easy.  


I used each of these dies with various colors of cardstock to cut out a ton of little hearts.  And each card pack contained a collection of 5 mini hearts (in different colors) to use for "stuffing" their mini envelope.  

But cutting out all those hearts left me with a bunch of "heart strips".  I needed to use them for something:


How about a "love" card?  

I started by cutting the tiny heart border on the patterned paper (Pattern Party).  This die is from the Floral Hearts die set, and creates a beautiful, sweet border.  The paper was then adhered to a piece of Polished Pink cardstock.  On a piece of Basic White, I used my Stamparatus to stamp "Love"( from Create with Friends) three times - the first time I stamped it twice for a darker image, then I moved my plate down one hinge and stamped it again once with full strength ink, and finally (moving the plate down one more hinge) I stamped it after stamping off once.  This gave an ombre effect to the stamped images.  Once I finished stamping, I glued on the patterned paper piece.


Then it was time to add all the heart strips I had sitting on my desk.  Each was adhered, and I added a few tiny hearts in the open spaces.   


And finally - "you".  From the Amazing Thanks dies, I cut the background from Polished Pink, and the detailed word in Pool Party.  


A few jewels (In Color Jewels and Holiday Rhinestones) finished off my card.  So I'm ready for Valentines Day!  Are you?  


Product List

No comments: