Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Oceans of Happiness

Seas the Day is a fun "ocean-oriented" stamp set with coordinating dies to help you create an underwater scene.  But I took it one step further, using the alcohol ink technique with Stampin' Blends to enhance the underwater look:


Look at that background!  

Taking several of the blue-toned Blends, I colored on Vellum and then sprayed it with 91% alcohol.  The colors blended and moved until the paper dried, and then I was able to use it on my card.


I first adhered the colored vellum to a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock, using the Adhesive Sheets.  This kept the vellum from curling, and also gave the piece a richer color.  Then I cut a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece with the largest of the Sea dies for the front, and attached the second piece directly to my card base.  The die-cut piece was adhered on top with Dimensionals.


The sea creatures, from the stamp set, were stamped and cut with the coordinating dies, and the greeting was cut with a Stitched Rectangle

I finished with a few Opal Rounds, which kinda look like bubbles in the water.


Just another fun way to get a distinctive background for your seascapes!  


Product List

No comments: