Thursday, February 17, 2022

Time to Relax

 Relax...maybe that's the theme for my next few cards.  Somehow I was drawn to that word as I created this week.  So first up is relaxing in Mint Macaron:


In the Moment is a beautiful stamp set with three large stamps picturing a female figure in various states of repose.  Although I have used the other two stamps, I had not yet attempted a card with this one.  But I love it!


After stamping the image in Tuxedo Black, I used various Stampin' Blends to color her, including a few of the new Natural Tones collection (her hair, skin color and wood window seat/window frame).  I then used one of the Ornate Layers dies to cut out the image within a frame, and stamped the greeting after lining it up with the Stamparatus.


To color the window panes, I used a Wink of Stella pen with some Pool Party ink - YES!  You can pick up ink with the brush end of the pen and color with it, leaving a sparkling, frosty look to the windows.  


The Genial Gems matched the Mint Macaron cardstock perfectly!  I know I'll be playing more with this lovely stamp set.  How about you?


Product List

4 comments:

Geann Kollar said...

Beautiful card Priscilla. I love that you paired this with a brick wall background.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you, Geann - the Brick & Mortar embossing folder is one of my favorites!

Mary said...

In your description you said that you used ORNATE FRAMES DIES but the frame in the photo doesn’t match any of the dies. Could you please tell me what frame you used?
Thank you,

Priscilla said...

Hi Mary, yes you are correct - I must have had a "senior moment"; the die I used for the frame is the Ornate Layers dies, not the Ornate Frames dies. My apologies for the confusion.