Thursday, February 4, 2021

Misty Moonlight Meets Scrappy Strips

 Remember the Scrappy Strip Technique?  I've made several cards with it (here and here) and today I'm trying a variant of the technique by using a Window Sheet as the base:


Wow!  This was definitely a labor of love, but I LOVE how it turned out!  


Starting with a Window Sheet a bit larger than a normal card front (5-3/4" x 4-1/2") I started adding cardstock strips cut to different widths (and angles).  I used Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate and Seaside Spray.  Once all the strips were adhered, I ran it through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with the largest Stitched Rectangle die.  Then I used a smaller one to cut out the middle (😮).  I adhered the frame to my Misty Moonlight card base using pieces of Dimensionals attached on the back of the Window Sheet, under the strips so they wouldn't show.


Next I used the new Blending Brushes to create a sunrise on Basic White cardstock.  I blended Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy for the sky, Seaside Spray for the water and stamped the "waves" using a stamp from High Tide.  This was cut using the same Stitched Rectangle die that I used to cut the center of my Scrappy Strip frame, and then adhered through the frame directly to the card base.


I finished with a die-cut lighthouse and greeting, popped up on the front.  

So what do you think?  Was the effort worth the results?  I think so!  😊


Product List

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love it!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you, Linda! I'm a big fan of scrappy strips!