Sunday, February 21, 2021

Golden Shells

Yes, it's back to the beach for this beach-lovin' girl.  And what better product to use than Friends are Like Seashells, along with the Seaside Seashells dies and the Seashells embossing folder (try saying all that fast!).

But this time I have a little twist - how about some Gilded Leafing?  Take a look:


 Look at the edge of the card - that is the Gilded Leafing flakes, which create a textured, golden edge when added with Tear and Tape Adhesive.  


I started with a piece of cardstock, laid Tear and Tape all the way around the edges, and placed the piece face-down in a bin of the Gilded Leafing medium.  This is light, fluffy "stuff" (I honestly don't know what it is made of) that sticks to the tape.  Then I simply used a Stampin' Sponge to rub off the excess, leaving behind a beautiful, gleaming edge.

So naturally, I need the rest of the card to go with it, so I cut and embossed Gold Foil, then trimmed the shells for the card front.


The greeting was stamped with Versamark and heat-embossed with gold embossing powder, and I finished with some Gold Metallic Pearl embellishments.  

Have you tried the Gilded Leafing yet?  This came out so pretty, I can't wait to try it again!  


Product List

No comments: