Friday, February 5, 2021

A Misty Moonlight Finale

 OK, maybe not a total finale, as I'm sure I'll continue creating with this beautiful color, but this is the last of my Misty Moonlight series this week.  


Now if that background paper looks familiar, it's because many of the cards I've made this week used it.  It's from the Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper pack, and it's one of my favorites.  I love being able to make cards using the same ingredients that come out so different!  

This card has a Thick Basic White card base with a layer of the patterned paper, which was wrapped in Seaside Spray bakers twine before being adhered to the base.


For the main image, I stamped the shells on Basic White cardstock using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed them with Clear embossing powder.  They were hard to see at this point, but then the magic happened.  Using the new Blending Brushes, I first added some Sahara Sand ink along the bottom, then blended on some Seaside Spray ink.  The embossed images resist the ink, allowing the white cardstock to show through.  Neat, huh?

The panel was added to an embossed (Tasteful Textiles) piece of Misty Moonlight and adhered to the card base using Dimensionals.  I finished with some Elegant Faceted Gems.

I liked this card so much I decided to make it in another color.  So although this week was focused on Misty Moonlight, how about a change to end the card parade?


I used the same technique, just changed the colors and embellishments.  This uses another pattern from the Sand & Sea DSP (the "sand"), Bermuda Bay (embossed with the Subtle embossing folder), and the focal panel was colored using Coastal Cabana and Sahara Sand.  


The bakers twine on the first card was substituted with Braided Linen Trim, and I added Opal Rounds for the finishing touch.

And that ends my week of Misty Moonlight.  I hope you enjoyed the cards and I have inspired you to create with this beautiful color.  

Thanks for visiting!


Product List

No comments: