Wednesday, February 17, 2021

How To Make a NoteCard Holder

The other day I blogged about a cute notecard holder I had made after seeing a video from Jo Anne Hewins (who apparently got the idea from Patty Bennett), and I promised a tutorial on how to make one.  Jo Anne's holds 2 notecards, but I wanted one that holds 4, so I re-worked the calculations to make it have a "spine" so it could accommodate the extra width.  

Here's a quick video on how I made mine, including the scoring:


And I promised that I would include the notecards that I made for the holder.  So here they are, including measurements.


This is the completed Notecard Holder from the video.

Card #1 - I cut 1" off the right side of the notecard.  The front has a piece of the patterned paper (from Flower and Field DSP - a FREE Sale-a-Bration offering until month end), measuring 2-1/2" x 5".  I flipped the patterned paper over and took a 1" x 5" piece to adhere to the "inside" of the card, which now (since the front is 1" shorter) shows when the card is closed:


The tag on the front is a Stitched So Sweetly die cut, stamped with Sweet Strawberry sentiment and flowers (some of which were punched with the Strawberry Builder Punch).

Card #2 - I used a 3-1/2" x 5" piece of the patterned paper to cover the entire front of the notecard:


I used a Water Brush to "paint" some Just Jade ink on the label, then stamped the greeting from Heal Your Heart (another FREE Sale-a-Bration offering).  This was cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies (a black die-cut of the same label was cut in half and "spread" behind the Jade label to give a shadow effect).

Card #3 - I cut a piece of Just Jade with the Stitched Rectangle dies, and laid three 1" strips of the patterned paper on it.  It's layered on a Basic Black piece; the greeting is from Beautiful Autumn.


Card #4 - I just layered some DSP onto Just Jade, and then used a Stitched Rectangle stamped with Friend Like You palm trees and "hello" from Tropical Chic.  It's all tied up with a Just Jade ribbon:


Easy and pretty, and makes a lovely, simple gift!  I hope you'll try making a NoteCard Holder!


Product List

2 comments:

BoPeep said...

Just made one - I love it and it was actually easy -- thanks so much for sharin.

Stampin' Amigos said...

I'm so glad you tried it! Thanks for letting me know. Now to use up all that extra patterned paper we all collect and make LOTS of notecard holders!