Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Tropical Oasis

Yesterday I was in Paris (see that card here) and today I'm in Hawaii.  Well, not really, but I have been living vicariously through my card-making.  😉

Here's a card using some new goodies that will be available tomorrow, January 3rd.


The Timeless Tropical Bundle (stamps and dies, which, if you buy them together you'll save 10%), evokes all things tropical - flowers, palm trees, pineapples...a perfect bundle for these gray, rainy days.


 Don't you just love that pineapple?  There's a die for that!

And the flowers:


I think my coloring skills still need some development, but I did try something new.  I stamped the flowers with Soft Suede ink, then first colored them with the Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen.  This gave me the fine lines emanating from the center of the flowers.  But I wanted a deeper, richer color, and even though I went over them several times, I couldn't quite achieve the shade I wanted.  Enter Stampin' Blends!  Just a touch of Cherry Cobbler made it happen!  And I used some So Saffron to add a bit more yellow.  The leaves were done with the Combo pack of Old Olive.


The card base is Pear Pizzazz, with a second layer of the same color embossed with the Coastal Weave embossing folder, then sponged with Pear Pizzazz for a little added depth.

These products will be available when the new January-June Mini Catalog goes live tomorrow...fabulous stamps and accessories to make your dreary, winter days a little more colorful!


Product List



No comments: