Saturday, January 18, 2020

Bonanza Baby Card

I am in love with the little critters from the Bonanza Buddies set!  💙

This suite of products is billed as a birthday set, but I had something else in mind.  Today is my niece's baby shower, and I had an idea in mind.


Isn't that cute?

This card is large - 4-1/2" x 6".

The card base of Whisper White cardstock was sponged -- the clouds were sponged using Balmy Blue ink and a template I made from a scalloped circle punch.  I sponged the "grass" using Call Me Clover ink, and then stamped a few blades of grass using the Nature's Beauty set.  And I stamped a few trees from the Snow Front set.  I also needed a perch for my toucan, so a bough from Colorful Seasons fit the bill.  This was all done within the "frame" of the card--a piece of the Birthday Bonanza designer series paper adhered to a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and a frame cut using the Heirloom frames dies; this was mounted over my scenery using Dimensionals.

The lion, koala and toucan were stamped and cut out using the Bonanza dies.


I stamped Welcome from Animal Outing and punched two holes in the side, threading and knotting a piece of Linen Thread.

The banner was cut with the dies, and I stamped and punched the letters using the now-retired Labeler Alphabet.



And my little koala and lion were added, looking like they are holding the banner.

Cute?  I think so!


All products are now available in the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog.

Product List



No comments: