Sunday, January 12, 2020

I "Amour" This Card!

Do you ever make one of those cards that just turns out the way you wanted it to?

I rarely have one of those...but this one is one of them.   I actually thought about this as I was going to sleep and was happy to remember the details when I woke up.  And then I sat down to create it, and voila!


Ooh la la!

The women coming to my Card Club this week requested a Valentine.  I don't usually do much in the way of Valentines; of course I send things to my grandkids and make a card for my husband, but I'm not really into the pink/red hearts and flowers.  I did actually purchase a die of hearts (I'll show you that card later this week) but it just didn't float my boat.

So off to bed, and began thinking about what I could make.  This idea was formed, and I had to make it a reality the next day.


It's actually quite a simple card - no stamping on the outside, and just a few layers.

I started a Basic Black Eiffel Tower cut with the Parisian dies.  This is so beautiful!  Intricate and lovely.  It's adhered to a Whisper White layer that is embossed with the Scripty embossing folder.  The card base is Real Red, with a skinny Black layer in between.

Than that Amour:


This was a little tricky, but totally worth the effort.  I cut the word three times - twice in black and finally in Real Red.  Then I glued the two black pieces together, adding the red one slightly offset, creating a shadow.  This was adhered across the Eiffel Tower.

For the inside (since it IS for Valentines Day):


I simply stamped the tower using Smoky Slate ink (stamping off one time), and added the sentiment (from a retired Good Greetings - still one of my favorites) over the top.

Amour - L.O.V.E.!!

Parisian Beauty and the Parisian dies are now available in the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog.  Need one?  Contact me to find out how you can get one for FREE!




And it's time for Sale-A-Bration, when every $50 purchase gets you a FREE item from the SAB catalog!  Click on the picture of the catalog to open an online version to see what you can get.  After all, who doesn't love FREE?


Product List





No comments: