Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Layers of Beauty, Round 2

 I'm highlighting the Layers of Beauty bundle (dies and masks) this week, showcasing a set that will be making its debut on May 1st.  As a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, I get to pre-order certain new products, and this is one of the items I chose.

Yesterday I showed you a card that was very simple - just stamps, ink and paper.

Today I'm stepping it up a bit; I again used stamps, ink and paper, but this time I added in the dies, the masks and an embossing folder, along with some bling:


After stamping the main, large image in black, I cut it out with the coordinating Layers of Beauty dies.  This was layered on a Thick Basic White card base, but I added a 1/2 sheet of Basic Black, embossed with one of the Basics embossing folders.

And then...that rose:


I feel like an artist!  OMG!  This is so pretty...AND so easy!  I stamped the large image once again, and this time I used the masks to color in the rose image.  (As you'll see later this week, you can color the complete, large image, but I chose to just do the one rose).  I used Poppy Parade, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler inks and Blending Brushes.  


I then cut the rose with the single die (I DID trim a little more, as I had blurred a little color outside the lines), and then popped it up over the large rose in the initial black & white image.


This "Spotlight" technique really highlights one element, and can totally change the feel of the card.

Layers of Beauty is coming soon; be sure to add it to your Wish List! 


Product List

No comments: