Thursday, April 11, 2024

Fourth Day of Layers of Beauty

 Now if you've been following my blog posts this week, you'll have seen the Layers of Beauty bundle on 3 previous cards.  They all used the largest image of the set, along with some die cutting and even a little masking.

Today is different!  Using only the masks with inks and Blending Brushes, I created this:


L.O.V.E.!

Such realistic flowers!  I feel like an artist...but all I did was carefully line up the masks (5 of them in all) and use Blending Brushes with inks to create this beautiful panel!


Look at the detail and the depth of color!  Gorgeous!  

I started with Lemon Lolly and the #1 mask, which colors the light part of the flowers.  Then, with Mask #2, I added some Daffodil Delight ink.  And for the smallest, darkest details, I used Crushed Curry.  

The leaves were done in Granny Apple Green with Garden Green details.


I mounted the main panel on Garden Green cardstock, then onto a Thick Basic White base with triangles of Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight to pull out the colors.  


Feel like an artist!  Grab the Layers of Beauty bundle on May 1st and and start your art journey!


Product List

4 comments:

marjorie said...

Gorgeous Priscilla!

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much, Marge! This is the first time I've used any masks, and I've been extremely happy to note how easy they are and what great results I get!

Wendie Waldman said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the details.

Priscilla said...

I appreciate the kind comment, Wendie! Thank you! The masks are very easy to use; I used my Stamparatus with the magnets to hold my mask in place, but I would also recommend washi tape - anything to just keep your mask and your cardstock lined up. Then have fun coloring! Or blending...Or spraying...different ways to use the masks. The flowers will be lovely!