Thursday, December 8, 2022

Sneak Peek - Seaside Bay

Ready for another sneak peek?  Today I have a card made with Seaside Bay and the By the Bay designer paper.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the beach.  I'm NOT a "beach girl" in the sense of lying in the sand or swimming in the ocean.  But I love walking on the beach.  Growing up in Bayport, on Long Island, NY, we had a home that was just a very short walk to the beach.  So I spent many hours walking on the sand, watching the waves and listening to the sound of the rigging clanging on the aluminum masts of the sailboats docked behind our home on the canal.  Now creating with beach-themed stamp sets reminds me of home.

So when I saw the new Seaside Bay in the upcoming January - April 2023 Mini Catalog, it was first on my wish list.  And I finally had time to play:


 The first thing I noticed when I opened the dies was a long piece that cuts the edge of the sand.  WOOT!  Not more ripping paper to get a nice, slightly wavy edge.  So I started with that.  I knew I wanted to feature a piece of the gorgeous patterned paper, so I just needed a short strip (Sahara Sand) along the bottom of my card.  

I also used Blending Brushes to create an ocean and sky in the background, fading from Night of Navy to Balmy Blue - a subtle but striking background for the designer paper.


I framed my DSP with some Soft Suede embossed with the Timber embossing folder, cut in strips and mitered at the edge.  


And then for the stamping - the teeny shells and bird were stamped, colored with a Blender Pen and cut with the coordinating dies.  And check out that surf!  I edged the sand with some Snowfall Accents Puff Paint!  Genius or what???


This was just my first try with this beautiful suite of products, but I am already thinking of ideas for my next play!

Need a Mini Catalog?  If you don't have a current Stampin' UP! demonstrator, contact me to find out how you can get one sent to your door.


Product List

No comments: