Monday, December 26, 2022

Around the Bend

 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday with friends and family.  And now we count down to a New Year!

 We've been having extremely cold weather so I've been hunkering down in my craft room, listening to Christmas tunes and drinking hot cocoa while I play with new products.  Today I have a card that was not what I planned.  I was playing with Country Bouquet (see a sample here) but somehow it morphed into this:


I really don't know how that happened!  But I love it!  Even my husband commented on it (positively 😄).

I started stamping the heart images from Country Bouquet using Fresh Freesia ink, as I had pulled out the fantastic Sale-a-Bration pack of papers, Dandy Designs.  I also had the new Fine Shimmer paper on my desk.  And somehow inspiration hit!


I pulled out Around the Bend, a new set of dies that cuts leaves, flowers and curvy borders.  And I thought "why not cut some of these images with the Shimmer Paper?"  And then things kinda just came together.


I covered the entire front of the card base with Dandy Designs DSP, and added a strip of a coordinating piece layered over some of the Soft Succulent Shimmer Paper (it comes in three colors - Soft Succulent, Fresh Freesia and gold).  

The flowers and leaves are all cut from the Shimmer Paper with the Around the Bend dies and adhered to a Basic White square cut with the Stylish Shapes dies.  But I needed a layer to pull it all together - the Country Gingham paper did the trick!


Look at that shimmer!  So pretty!!



Around the Bend, Beautifully Happy (the greeting) and these beautiful patterned papers will all be available on January 5th!  Be sure to add them to your Wish List!  


Product List

No comments: