Thursday, December 29, 2022

CASEing the Catalog

What do you do to find inspiration with new stamp sets?   

Sometimes I just play until I like what I am making.  Sometimes I look at what others are making and inspiration hits.  And sometimes I CASE the catalog.

CASE - Copy and Share Everything.  Or Copy and Selectively Edit - which is more like what I did with this card.


Take a look at the card on page 8 of the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog.  The one closest to the center of the page.  Recognize it?

It's a near-identical card to the one I have made.  The card uses the Country Floral Lane Suite of products, including the Country Bouquet stamps, Country Bouquet Punch, and designer series papers.  But I "selectively edited" a few things:

1.  Background paper - both cards use a sheet of the Cottage Gingham Designer Series Paper, but I chose to use a Mint Macaron pattern instead of the Sweet Sorbet plaid used in the sample.

2.  I matted the Mint Macaron pattern with Mint Macaron cardstock; the sample in the catalog used a full sheet of the plaid to cover the entire card front.

3.  I used the same DSP for the top panel as the sample, but I altered the size of the panel.

4.  I changed out the Mint Macaron strip below the greeting; the sample in the catalog uses Balmy Blue.


With the exception of the Mint Macaron strip, I copied the catalog sample for the greeting, hearts, and leaves.  However I decided to punch the banner with the Banner Triple Punch instead of rounding the corners.  


And finally I used a few Festive Pearls (in silver) to complete the card, rather than the Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins that come in the suite.  


I love my card!  

Try CASEing the catalog for ideas and see what you come up with!

The January - April 2023 Mini Catalog goes live on January 5th.  What will be in your first order? 


Product List

No comments: