Monday, December 19, 2022

Last Merry Monday for 2022

I thought I was done with Christmas cards, but no...I needed a few more.  So I have one more Merry Monday for you, and I love these cards!  But to get there:


Who else has a craft desk that looks like this?  I don't know how I was even able to work in here!  But somehow the chaos was semi-controlled, and I ended up with some beautiful cards.  Wanna see?


First I wanted to create a "not Christmas" card.  A friend of ours does not celebrate the holidays, but I always like to remember her with a card.  


From our home to yours...of course I needed to emboss little houses on the card front!  The Soft Succulent cardstock is subtle, not really Christmas-y, yet adheres to the season (for me!).  I used a piece of designer paper from the Fitting Florets pack, and bordered it with some Evening Evergreen cut with the Basic Borders dies.


And wrapped it all up with some Evening Evergreen ribbon.  Love!

But then, I got an idea:


Using basically the same layout but entirely different look!  I have not shown the Boughs of Holly designer paper anywhere near enough love this season, so I cut a 2" x 5-1/4" piece for the side of the card.


But having the pretty paper on a plain background just didn't seem right, so I embossed another piece of Evening Evergreen with the Merry Melody embossing folder.  


Soft Succulent cut with the Deckled Rectangles dies, stamped in Evening Evergreen and mounted on Basic White cut with the Scalloped Contours dies was perfect!  And look at those tiny poinsettia flowers!


I used flowers from the Merriest Frames dies, stacked them atop each other with a retired Holiday Rhinestone in the center. The little leaves were hand-snipped.  So cute!


So that's it!  The end.  Fini. I'm done!  

Well... not entirely!  Just done with holiday cards.  But I'll be back this week with more sneak peeks from the upcoming January - April 2023 Mini catalog as well as some samples with new Sale-a-Bration stamps.  So c'mon back for more...


Product List

No comments: