Sunday, October 3, 2021

Have Treats Will Travel

 I have been creating some Halloween treats for my grandkids, and in order to save on postage, will be taking some of them with me when I travel this week.  But I was worried about how well the little decorated treat boxes would fare in my suitcase, so I had to get creative.  

I decided to use the adorable Scalloped Kraft Treat Boxes.  The large size (3-1/2" x 3-1/2" x 2-1/2") allowed me to be quite generous with the treats (these kids don't like chocolate 😲, so I purchased a large bag of mixed non-chocolate candy) and filled a box for each.  They were tied with Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon or 1-1/2" Metallic Mesh.  And then...


I created a "topper" for each box that can be removed to lie flat in my suitcase but placed back on the boxes before being given to the kids.  Let's take a look:


Using a piece of Thick Basic White cardstock, cut to 3-1/2" x 10", I decorated each using elements from Frightfully Cute stamps and the Frightful Tags dies.  For this one, I made a blended background with Blending Brushes, then stamped the bats, spider and pumpkins before adding the spider web.


I love that spider web!


This one uses the bottles and greetings from the stamp set, but I cut the skeleton faces from the coordinating Cute Halloween patterned paper.   


Another blended background with a masked moon and a little owl with glassy eyes:


And finally:


A black cat awaits the witch on her broom.

With a few score lines, I was able to slide each end under the ribbon to hold the toppers upright:


So they decorate the box top but can be removed for travel.  

I had such fun with these!  I absolutely love the dies (which can be used for more than Halloween - think tree silhouettes and fences along a hillside), and I expect the kids will enjoy their decorated treat boxes too.  

Now is the time to prepare for your little witches and goblins - what are you making for Halloween?

Product List

No comments: