Monday, October 4, 2021

Snowflakes for Merry Monday

Time for another Merry Monday, and today I'm showcasing the Frosted Gingerbread bundle.  These cute stamps look great when stamped on Crumb Cake or Kraft paper, but I decided to try something different.


 I opted to use the dies only, cut with Basic White so they look like snowflakes.  And with a silver and navy palette, I was hoping to get a wintery feel.  What do you think?


There are actually two dies, nested together to make this pretty snowflake.  If you are making "cookies", you would use the bigger, outline die with Kraft paper and the smaller, inside die with white to look like frosting.  But I kept them together to look like an intricate snowflake.


Silver embossing makes the greeting sparkle!


The silver frame cut with the Scalloped Contours dies with a Stitched Rectangle die in the center.  I used retired Silver Glimmer paper 😔...is it me?  Or does everyone think that navy and silver together make beautiful holiday cards?  Well, the Rectangle die is also retired, so I just opted to use the retired silver.  

And speaking of retired...I used a Noble Peacock jewel (remember them?  One of my favorites!) for the centers of the snowflakes and next to the greeting.  But it's easy to color our clear Basic Rhinestone jewels with a Night of Navy Stampin' Blend marker to get the same effect.  


I love how this came out!

But if you prefer a more simplified holiday card, here's another I made while cutting the snowflake dies:


This is about as simple as a card can be.  

I started with a Gingerbread & Peppermint Memories & More Cards & Envelopes.  These oversized cards (4-1/4" x 6-1/4") are perfect for using with the Gingerbread & Peppermint Memories & More Card Pack.  The Crumb Cake scalloped layer in the center is printed right on the card.  


I stamped the greeting from Tidings & Trimmings with Versamark ink and heat-embossed it with White Embossing Powder.

Then I simple cut the "inside" of the snowflake die with Basic White cardstock and adhered it to the card with a Glue Dot.  


These cards are simple and easy, but would make a wonderful holder for a family photo!  

Check out the Gingerbread & Peppermint suite of products and make your holiday card-making easy!  And who doesn't love easy at THIS time of year???



Product List

No comments: