Sunday, October 31, 2021

A Wall of Plants

Do you ever get something new and just HAVE to play with it?  Well, that was me, yesterday.  I had placed an order and it arrived, containing the Paper Lattice that goes with the Plentiful Plants bundle.  I didn't think I "needed" those paper lattices, but they got the better of me and I placed my order.  And then they arrived...

So even though I am in in the midst of prepping for a large Cards-by-Mail class along with an in-person class next week, I dropped everything to have a play.  Look:


 Oh, yes, I'm in love!  Such a cool background for these beautiful little plants!  

But I wanted to do something a little different from all the samples I had seen.  So I started by cutting a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock to fit the full front of a card (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") and then cut a Stitched Rectangle out of the middle of it.  I then carefully added Tear & Tape Adhesive to each side and adhered the Paper Lattice.  


This layer was added to the card base (also Soft Succulent, but with a piece of Vellum cardstock on top to soften the color a little) using Dimensionals so it's popped up.  

Then the fun started - I stamped and cut lots of plants, using various shades of greens.  I also cut a few directly from the coordinating patterned paper (which has several images that fit the dies).  


Each plant/flowerpot was adhered with Dimensionals, which really gives the entire card a "dimensional" feel.


I love the way this turned out, and am SO happy I caved on the Paper Lattices!  They really add a touch of class to the background of this card, and I know I'll be playing again very soon!  

Product List

No comments: