Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Happy Colors

 My grandson is 11!  How does the time fly?  I can still remember the night he was born; I was called out of a meeting in the afternoon and drove 25 miles to meet my daughter-in-law's mom at the hospital.  It was still fairly early in Sarah's labor, so we played name games, taking all their suggested names and putting them in a hat, then drawing the names out one by one to discuss our favorites (we loved all of them, so it didn't matter to the grammas which they chose).  And finally, just before midnight, Ethan made his appearance!  We were so thrilled to be present for this miraculous occasion.

And now he's 11.  Wow!  

I wanted to make a card that would be fun, but not too "young", as he is now a tween.  So I searched for ideas on Pinterest, and one caught my eye.  And of course, I didn't write down the name of the creator, so for that I apologize, but I loved the card.  This isn't an exact copy, but it's similar...


Isn't this fun?  And bright?  L.O.V.E.

It's also easy...which is probably the best part!  It's a Basic Black card base with a Bermuda Bay layer.  The Basic White is embossed (retired Subtle embossing folder, that I will NEVER get rid of!), and then the fun begins.


Using the Stitched Triangle dies, I cut 5 pieces from bright cardstock colors.  I also stamped them in the same color as the cardstock, using The Right Triangle (now retired, but any stamps with patterns would give the same results).  And that little banner?  There is a banner die in the set, along with a long "edge" die, which I used to cut little tiny triangles to fit the banner...genius, right?  😉


The letters were cut with the Playful Alphabet dies, but I first adhered some Foam Adhesive Sheets to the back of the cardstock--this gives the letters lots of dimension!


Wishing Ethan a very happy birthday!  


Product List

2 comments:

Geann Kollar said...

Such a bright and happy card. Love the layout. Just took my triangle dies out to loan someone the little banner die from the die set and discovered mine was missing. Can't find it anywhere and made me so sad. I've never lost a die like that before. Hope it shows up stuck to something else. It's such a great one for birthdays. Thank you for sharing.

Priscilla said...

Oh no, Geann! I hope you can find it! I once (during a workshop) lost one of the dies we needed for a card. I was very distressed, and some of my attendees actually went through the trash to look for it. I was getting anxious about what else I could use until I picked up the Stamparatus and checked the bottom, and sure enough, it was stuck to a magnet! So I hope you find yours! And thanks for the comment!