Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Framed Nature's Harvest

My September Card Club and Cards-by-Mail featured the Nature's Harvest stamp set and dies.  We created 5 cards using the set (some of which I've already showcased here, here and here).  

While photographing the steps to make the blended background for one of the cards, I ended up with an extra piece.  Not wanting to repeat the same card I had already made, I experimented a little with a raised, black frame, and here is the finished card:


Such a beauty!

Each participant received a Basic White rectangle and a same-size "frame" (same size rectangle with the middle cut out).  They were to lightly adhere the frame to the rectangle and then use the included Blending Brush to make the beautiful background.  I demonstrated this in photos, and ended up with an extra background piece.  Why not use it?


The image was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink.  I then cut a Stitched Rectangle frame for my masterpiece framing the image and boosting the frame with Foam Adhesive Strips.  


Rather than layer it on a white background, I chose two colors from the blending - Mango Melody and Gorgeous Grape.  Each was cut to a standard-sized layer (4" x 5-1/4") and then I cut them on a diagonal, butting the two colors together to mimic the colors in the blended background.  Cool, right?

We had a great time experimenting with the Blending Brushes and making pretty cards; I was really happy to have one extra piece so I could make this!  

Product List

No comments: