Friday, September 17, 2021

Pardon My Absence!

 I've been busy prepping for my Cards-by-Mail class this week, and I just ran out of time to post.  So excuse me, but I've got some cards ready to show you this week.  

My September class was focused on the Nature's Harvest stamps and Blending Brushes.  Participants received the stamps with the price of the class, along with a FREE Blending Brush and instructions for using it.  Then we created 5 cards plus a BONUS Christmas card, so I'll be showing you our creations for the month.

Starting with this lovely, simple card:


I included a piece of Basic White cardstock cut to 3-1/4" x 4-3/4".  There was another piece the same size, but the center was cut out, leaving a 1/4" frame.  This was layered over the cardstock and then we used the Blending Brush to add color.  I started in the lower left corner with Pumpkin Pie, and gradually added ink along the diagonal with Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and ending with Gorgeous Grape.  


Once the blending was complete, we removed the frame, leaving a lovely rectangle of color on our cardstock with a little white border.  


The flower stamp was inked with Tuxedo Black ink and stamped with a little of the image "hanging off" the colored rectangle, and then the greeting was added.

We adhered the layer to some In Good Taste wood-look patterned paper, which was then added to the card base.


Such a simple, but elegant, card.  

And this was only the first!  I've got 4 more to show you, so c'mon back!


Product List

No comments: