Saturday, September 11, 2021

Blended Palms

I've been practicing with my Blending Brushes, and decided to try a very simple card:


 I started with a piece of Basic White cardstock and placed two strips of Post-It Labeling Tape vertically about 1-1/2" apart, sticking them down well (this tape sticks securely but removes easily and cleanly).  Then I got busy with my Blending Brushes.


Starting at the bottom, I added some Sahara Sand ink.  Now when you use the Blending Brushes it's important to pick up the ink and then start making a small circular motion on a piece of scrap paper, then move the brush onto your cardstock.  This prevents a "blob" of ink and gives you a smooth color that is easy to blend.  I switched it up to a little bit of Daffodil Delight before blending into Bermuda Bay.  And I finished with a little Balmy Blue.  But it's hard to see the transition - and that's the beauty of the Blending Brushes! 


Once I was happy with my colors I carefully peeled away my Post-It Tape, leaving a nice clean line between the white and colored portions of the page.  

It was easy to add a little "sand" and the palm trees from Timeless Tropical, and then a greeting.


Using the Blending Brushes made a very simple card look difficult!  Give them a try!



Don't forget about Sale-A-Bration!  It's still going on through the end of the month, and there are so many great options of products you can get for FREE with a qualifying purchase!  And who doesn't love FREE?


Product List

1 comment:

Gailbird said...

You know I love this!!!!! Nice job!