Monday, September 6, 2021

Holly Jolly Monday

 It's Merry Monday and I have a beautiful card for you today:


This clean and almost simple card uses the Holly Border Punch from the July - December Mini Catalog.  I love that it can punch a beautiful border for your holiday cards.  


And is that not the perfect greeting?  It's from Christmas to Remember, a stamp set with lots of wonderful holiday greetings.

So how did I do this?


I started by punching the holly motif on my Basic White Thick cardstock, right along the edge (which is easy, since the punch is a border punch).  And it is perfectly sized for a 5-1/4" long piece -- you can get 4 holly sprigs running down the side of the paper.  


I took a strip of the gorgeous Red & Green Foil Sheets (the green one) and adhered it on the back of my white cardstock so the green shows through the holly leaves.  Of course that left the holly berries green too, so...

OK this was the tedious part.  I punched more of the holly pattern using scraps of the Red Foil, and carefully collected all the "berries".  Then I VERY carefully dropped a spot of Liquid Glue in each berry hole and placed a red punched berry in each.  I did think afterwards that some Red Rhinestone Jewels would be an easier option, but of course you'd have to use 20 of them!  Wow!  On one card?  

Anyway, tedious it might have been but I LOVE the results!  Don't you?

Now let's take a look at that greeting one more time:


Cut with the Seasonal Labels dies and mounted on a matching on cut with Red Foil (and split down the middle, spread apart and adhered to the back of the white label so that the foil peeks out around it), then added with Dimensionals.  

And what about those last two holly leaves?  No, not the punch, although I could have used it again.  These came from the Christmas Trimmings dies, and were just the right finishing touch!  

Have you started your holiday cards yet?  It's the perfect time to order your supplies, choose your design and begin to create.  That way you will have them done and ready to mail after Thanksgiving...wait...does anyone actually do that?  😉


Product List 

No comments: