Monday, September 20, 2021

Lots of Holly

Rain!  Ugh!  

What?  I live in Oregon, known for it's rain.  But it's been an extremely dry year, and we've had NO rain this summer.  Now we're into fire season, so when the rain started falling, I should  have been jumping for joy, right?

Well, yes...but it happened to be the day of a neighborhood yard sale that has been planned for 6 weeks!  Who would've thought?  

So I spent the entire day in my garage with the door open, shivering, and waiting for people to come buy the "junk" that I moved from my last house and don't have room for.   And I was surprised at just how many people actually showed up!  I guess these Oregonians don't mind getting a little wet.  

So what does that have to do with making cards?  Well after a whole day of cold and damp, I couldn't wait to get inside my cozy craft room and create.  And since I was "cleaning out", I decided to make something with all the little left-over holly leaves that I had accumulated when punching the border of this card.  

And this happened:


Where are all those white holly leaves?  Look:


I added them around the edges of my Basic White frame and then embossed the whole piece with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  

Let's back up and look at the whole card:


I started by cutting the Basic White frame, using the Stitched Rectangle dies.  Then I adhered all the holly leaves and embossed the frame.  

I used the next smaller Stitched Rectangle die to cut the center out of a Green Foil sheet, and adhered it to the back of the white frame so the shiny green would peek through the opening.

The greeting, from Tidings & Trimmings was stamped in Tuxedo Black ink, using the Stamparatus to line it up just right.


I finished with some BIG holly leaves (from Seasonal Labels dies) and some Red Rhinestone jewels.  

I'm loving this Green Foil!  

Why not pick some up now?  And while you're at it, don't forget about Sale-a-Bration, where every qualifying purchase gets you FREE product from the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  Check it out here.


Product List

No comments: